Monday, September 21, 2009

Bo Diddley 3

Lobbycard for the Big TNT Show sent in by reader JNeilNYC
Sorry if I'm repeating myself, this is the third Bo Diddley post in less than a year. The first( here) and the second which has footage from The Legend Of Bo Diddley documentary I ran a couple of weeks ago, but the latter footage has been pulled, so if you missed it, you missed it. Here's the best of the Bo Diddley footage on Youtube these days. The bottom clip I decided to run the entire segment from the Ed Sullivan show with Tommy "Dr. Jive" Smalls, the Five Keys, Willis "Gator Tail" Jackson, and Lavern Baker. Feel free to write if there's something really great out there that I missed.
Bo and the Duchess (Norma Jean Wolford) Bo, the Duchess, and his entire band from the Big TNT Show, I love when they kick into the cross rhythm near the end. This was new to me....

3 comments:

breakfast george said...

hey hound!
long time...
a real treat checking out these clips...
and a worthy cause, championing Bo Diddley..too many folks over here never heard of him!..
not long ago I wrote a song Bo forgot to write...
see here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU_8zF_iI9Y
now if I just had Bo's dancing girls....
hope all is good with you
breakfast george

The Hound said...

George when I tried to play your video I got this message: "The URL contained a malformed video ID."

BTW check out the Rivington School link, there's some No Se No pix you might be in....

jneilnyc said...

That Big TNT Show clip is one of my all-time faves. Love the little hoppin' dance in the second number, and the way the crowd is just losing its collective mind...

Poster

Let's Hear It For The Orchestra

Let's Hear It For The Orchestra
copyright Hound Archive