Monday, December 28, 2009

Old Links...

Link Wray
Link Cromwell (Lenny Kaye)
You may or may not have noticed, but the MP3 links from Houndblog before Oct. 15, 2009 no longer work. This is because it was being hosted by a homemade server run by our good friend and technical consultant Brian Redman (who also hosts the Hound Aircheck site).
Well, for various reasons Brian can no longer store these things (the airchecks are still available as full shows and podcasts but you can no longer download individual songs). Anyway, I'd like to thank Brian for all the hard work he's put in and the service he has provided for the first year of the blog and for the Aircheck site, not to mention all the help he's given me over the years with the radio show, the Hangover Hops and my own computer problems. Without Brian, there could never have been a Hound. Anyway, if you missed something, it's probably somewhere else on the web, try the Chewbone and Captain Crawl links on the right side of this page. The Great Lost Hasil Adkins Album is still posted at WFMU's Beware The Blog (here). Remember, nothing good lasts long, so if you see something you like, jump on it. Links after Oct. 15, 2009 will stay up until I run out of space or somebody asks me to pull them down.
I'll be reposting the Quine un-issued final recordings on Thursday (his birthday).

7 comments:

Donna Lethal said...

Yes, THANK YOU Brian! I still can't believe all of those shows are up there. Thanks to both of you for all the great music this year.

Kogar the Swinging Ape said...

i use mediafire.com. you should check it out, it's free. unlimited storage (supposedly). it works great for full length albums, etc or just individual songs here and there...

speaking of hasil, when you posted that tape, you mentioned there were more songs (of the slower/country variety if i remember correctly). any chance of those ever seeing the light of day?

The Hound said...

"any chance of those ever seeing the light of day?"

I'll get to it soon.....

Kogar the Swinging Ape said...

you rule

Nick said...

Hey Hound,

I just wanted to say thanks for havin' the best rock 'n' roll blog on the internet and keepin' all of these great records around. TheHoundBlog's helped to get me through a real tough year, and I appreciate the work you've put into it.

Happy New Year.

The All-Seeing Eye, Jr. said...

Let me add my thanks to the pile! Coincidentally, I had just gone to the show archive to look for an mp3 of Ted Taylor's "Ramblin' Rose." It doesn't appear to be anywhere else online, so if you should just happen to contrive a post where that would fit I would be forever obliged.

And Happy New Year!

The Hound said...

" I had just gone to the show archive to look for an mp3 of Ted Taylor's "Ramblin' Rose." It doesn't appear to be anywhere else online, so if you should just happen to contrive a post where that would fit I would be forever obliged. "

It was a staple of my old radio show, it was up for 3-4 years over there. Even played it when Wayne Kramer was a guest. anyway, try here:
http://dereksdaily45.blogspot.com/2008/11/ted-taylor-love-is-like-ramblin-rose.html

Let's Hear It For The Orchestra

Let's Hear It For The Orchestra
copyright Hound Archive