Friday, February 5, 2010

Jane Birkin #2

The handcuffs are a nice touch....
From Roger Vadim's Don Juan '73, a terrible movie with a brief nude love scene between Jane and Brigitte Bardot, the stills are way better than the film.
With Little Joe Dallasandro, from the amazing film Je t'aime moi non plus (directed by Serge Gainsbourg).
When ever I look at the live feed to this blog it seems there's never a moment of the day or night when someone isn't looking at the photos of Jane Birkin posted in Dec. 2008. I've posted pix of Brigitte Bardot, Michelle Phillips, Tuesday Weld, Julie Newmar, the lovely Bo Diddley, and they get hits once and a while, but it's nothing like the amount of traffic Jane Birkin gets. Are these readers all typing with one hand? I'd love to edit a coffee table book of Jane Birkin photos, any publishers out there game? Her filmography can be found here. Her daughter
Charlotte Gainsbourg has a new record out this week produced by Beck, I haven't heard it yet but they've both made a few records I really liked so it's probably worth checking out.
Anyway, since I have nothing to say today, I thought I'd post some more pix from my collection, I know there's a lot of you Jane Birkin fans out there. You're welcome.

11 comments:

Robert Cook said...

Ms. Birkin is pretty, but too skinny...a typically wan French look.

Give me Julie Newmar anyday...Va Va Voom!

A bit of possibly apocryphal trivia: years ago a girlfriend of Roy from the Reverb Motherfuckers, herself an actress, told me her mother had been an actress in NYC back in the 50s and had worked with or known Julie Newmar at some point. She reports that Ms. Newmar had a notably funky body odor...it was not clear if this was because she was only a sporadic bather or if she simply was possessed of a funk more powerful than soap and water.

Is this story true? I don't know, but the woman who told it to me certainly believed it to be. Even if true, it does not tarnish Ms. Newmar's allure.

The Hound said...

"Is this story true?"

It probably depends on where you stick your nose....

frred said...

Thanks. Man, I love the internet, Je t'aime moi non plus is downloading now...

Dickie Nelson said...

Of course I think Jane Birkin is a beautiful woman, but what I admire most about her is her brain and early realization that older men are beautiful lovers.

Anonymous said...

That 'degenerate Germany' pic at the bottom of the blog is really disgusting. I suggest that you should remove it.

The Hound said...

"That 'degenerate Germany' pic at the bottom of the blog is really disgusting."

The most offensive thing I've ever seen, I wanted to see if anyone ever scrolled down that far...

Donna Lethal said...

HA HA to both!
I wish I had seen Je'Taime ... when I met Little Joe at Starbucks here one day. I'd like THAT pic in my head. Sigh.

J.D. King said...

For my money, more than the handcuffs in one shot, are the tennis shoes and socks in another. Those are the charm.

Anonymous said...

It's a real tragedy that Jane Birkin had to age since 1976. I'm watching "Je t aime moi non plus", and then I Googled her for more recent images. She had such beauty in 1976. It makes me wish I could have preserved it forever.

sex shop said...

Wow, there is a lot of helpful information in this post!

www.caceres-3d.com said...

I absolutely match with your post.

Let's Hear It For The Orchestra

Let's Hear It For The Orchestra
copyright Hound Archive