Saturday, April 24, 2010

Waiting For The Big One

The Minister Of Silly Walks can be seen off to your right in the reviewing stand.
This is a military ceremony that was presented to close the border between India and Pakistan who don't like each other much. The roots of their political problems seem to stem from some sort of jealousy over which side has made the best use of that always snazzy fashion accoutrement-- the moustache. Both sides have great uniforms, in fact best I've seen since the Third Reich. Both sides march in a neo-fascist goose step style. Man, them are some amazing mustaches. Now keep in mind, both sides have nuclear weapons. Nobody really remembers what kicked off The Great War (or World War I as we Yanks call it), and it's likely there will be few around to even remember what kicked off WWIII, but mark my words, it's coming. It's obvious the evil cretins that are running the show (our show, their show, the whole show) haven't learned anything from history, and since our entire economic system is based around war, war it shall be. It'll be people dressed like this that will set off the first big explosion, then everyone else will have to retaliate. Modern life does imitate art, more to the point, it imitates the movies. We're way past Clockwork Orange and only moments away from 2001: A Space Odyssey (Dr. Strangelove looks positively quaint these days). In a decade from now the world will look like Road Warrior. Or at very best Solyent Green (notice how the homeless population of New York City seemed to disappear right around the time those "protein bars" started showing up at deli counters everywhere? Where did all those bums, I mean homeless people go? Don't tell me they all bought one bedroom condos for a million bucks?). Yes, there is something big and ugly looming right over the horizon. Duck and cover.

5 comments:

Robert Cook said...

An unusual post to find on your blog, but I totally agree. I've had a growing feeling of dread the last couple of years that we are heading for a worldwide conflagration--WW III, if you will. I keep thinking: should I split NYC and head back to Florida before the shit comes down, or should I stay here? I might be atomized intstantly by nukes hitting the Apple, but the South and other non-urban areas of the city might well become, as you suggest, and as I have feared, a ROAD WARRIOR world played for real.

No one should think Obama will save us; he's as bad as Bush, as much a war criminal and mass murderer,and as belligerent toward Iran, a country that, like Iraq was, is no danger to us and who has never threatened us.

Oy! I hope I get my Deluxe RAW POWER set before the world becomes another Stanley Kramer production.

Nick said...

Just make sure to buy it on vinyl and get a vacuum tube record player to play 'em on, transistors'll be toast after the big kaboom.
Maybe a wind up Victrola. Say, were the Stooges' records ever issued on 78 RPM?

The Hound said...

"Maybe a wind up Victrola. Say, were the Stooges' records ever issued on 78 RPM?"

No, but their original contract w/Elecktra had the words 78 rpm records scratched out and album written in in pen, I have a copy someplace, if I can ever find it I'll post it as a .pdf file.

Anonymous said...

John Titor is alive and well in some of us.

Anonymous said...

Before the EU bailed out Greece, the same thoughts ran through my head (not much in there to stop it). Definately the historic way clearing the slate and reshuffling the cards.
"Oh you masters of war,..."

Let's Hear It For The Orchestra

Let's Hear It For The Orchestra
copyright Hound Archive