Thursday, October 21, 2010

Gillian's Found Photo #56

As the sign in this weeks' found photo says, here is the famous guitar player from Argentina, Alberto Lesama. What he's doing with that (rubber?) crustacean? Other than attempting to water his friend, it is beyond me. I'm at a complete loss for a comment.  So I thought I'd make a contest out of this week's found photo posting. The best caption wins a copy of New York Review Books Classics new edition (restored from the original manuscript) of William Lindsay Gresham's classic 1947 novel Nightmare Alley (with an introduction by Nick Toshes), one of the greatest forgotten novels of the 20th Century. I ended up with an extra copy, so I will go to the post office and mail it off to the winner. Send your captions into the comments section, me and Fang will pick the winner, after we announce the winner you can mail your address to us care of this sight to claim your prize.
Addendum: A winner will be announced Sunday, Oct. 24, so you have a whole 24 hours to get those entries in.
Addendum #2: And the weiner, errr...winner is: Viva with her answer:
"Ed Ward is right:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bota_bag"
Please e-mail me c/o this site to have your prize (W.L. Gresham's Nightmare Alley) sent to where ever it is you want it sent.

27 comments:

Timmy said...

"I told you not to eat the antanae first! Now, it's wrapped around you absessed tooth. Here, I'll see if I can untie that suckah..."

Ed Ward said...

I forget what those wine-bags are called, but that's a pretty common thing in Spanish-themed restaurants from the '60s. Everyone I knew who'd been to Spain had one as a souvenir.

Eric said...

Even slime must be served at the proper temperature.

Unknown said...

Have Bota will travel

Andy said...

Alberto Lesama, famed Argentine guitarist and cousin of the great American rock-n-rollers Cliff and Claude Trenier, administers Poontang Serum to a potential member of the International Treniers Fan Club, Argentina chapter.

Donna Lethal said...

The search for Eva Peron's body encompassed even the most arcane and bizarre forms of dentistry, as evidenced by Dentist/Guitarist "Doctor" Alberto Lesama.

(ps. I already have the book, I'm only doing this for kicks.)

densestarr said...

Hold still ! You have a little chimichuri stuck on your uvula. S'awright ?

Skoolboy Jim said...

Alberto I didn't mean it!!! I swear on my heart!! love your bowtie!!

Unknown said...

"Wait baby! I got some Listerine! Hold still I got it."

"Oh, Alberto! You such a solid senda!"

Viva said...

Ed Ward is right:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bota_bag

seang said...

Not only was Alberto Lesama the baddest guitar player in Argentina, he also had the biggest cock in Argentina.

Unknown said...

Nightmare Alley is even better than Alberto Lesama's eel Juice!

Bruce said...

" Before the show, Alberto auditions prospective groupies"

Alex said...

Oh Alberto! Is that a gun, or are you just glad to see me?

8-Track Mind said...

Guitarist Alberto Lesama wows an audience member with another tasty lick.

jimisonicgio said...

"open up and say ahhh."

Jerry Lee said...

"I know I did, baby, but I also told you the check was in the mail"

Ralph Wiggum said...

"Miss Hoover, I need another worm, mine crawled into my mouth and I ate it".

Jimmy said...

Tamale!

Doc said...

Senora Ipecacia Lopez regurgitates into the tiny mouth of a crustacean, showing the style and grace that made her our 1948 Argentine Narrow-Stream Vomiting Champion.

Anonymous said...

"Dump Ed Ward" Doug Sahm

joe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
joe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
joe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
joe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
joe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dr. Armughan Riaz M.B.B.S, Dip Card said...

I do like the manner in which you have presented this situation plus it does provide us some fodder for thought. However, because of what I have experienced, I just wish when other feed-back stack on that folks continue to be on point and not embark on a tirade associated with some other news of the day. All the same, thank you for this superb point and even though I do not really go along with this in totality, I value the viewpoint.Love sms | High blood Pressure Symptoms | EECP PakistanPakistan Video | Blackhead Remover

Let's Hear It For The Orchestra

Let's Hear It For The Orchestra
copyright Hound Archive